No matter what type of business you are in, you’re probably trying to find ways to generate more leads online. If you have a good marketing team on your side and you’ve done your homework, it’s likely you already have a good website, a monthly SEO plan, ongoing pay-per-click campaigns, email marketing campaigns, and an excellent social media platform strategy in place. After doing all of this, the question is, what else can you do to generate more leads?
Our answer is simple. It’s time to update your landing pages!
Having a reliable website is great, but if you are trying to generate more conversions, put your focus on dedicated landing pages. A landing page is one of the most powerful conversion tools at your disposal. If your company is running any type of lead generation digital campaign, a landing page can help with conversions.
Use these five design tips to help make your landing pages more effective:
- Choose a memorable headline. You will only have approximately 8 seconds to convince your visitors that your offer is worth pursuing. Be straightforward about what you want visitors to do when they reach your website. Pick a heading that’s appealing and clearly states what you are offering. If you’re going to include additional information, use a short subheading and complement this with a call-to-action button. These will be the first elements visitors read when they get to your landing page.
- Use visual elements to guide your visitors’ attention. There are two types of visual cues you can use to guide your visitor’s attention to different places on your landing page. You can use explicit visual cues such as a simple arrow pointing towards your call-to-action button. You can also use implicit visual cues, instead of an arrow use an image of a person looking in the direction of the call-to-action button. According to author Malcolm Gladwell in his book “The Tipping Point,” visual cues are ‘micro-expressions,” or, small facial indications we recognize in others; these impact how we interpret emotions. This is why, when we see someone looking interested in a specific direction, it is likely our reaction will be to look in that direction as well.
- Combine your content with images to tell your story. Combine the text on your landing page with icons and illustrations; this will make your message easier to remember. Frequently used icons are great because your audience will quickly understand the meaning conveyed by merely glancing at the images.
- Show your products or services in action. To capture your visitor’s attention, show real people using your products or services in real-time. A study conducted by MarketingExperiments found that images of real people on landing pages perform better than stock images. In their case study, they performed A&B testing with a landing page. On one page, they used a stock photo of a customer service lady smiling, and on the other page, they used a picture of their founder. The study found 35% of their visitors were more likely to fill out the CTA form on the page with the founder’s image than those who visited the page with the smiling lady. The main reason this happened is that people want to be able to trust the information you are presenting. In this study, having a picture of the CEO of the company helped build that trust. Displaying your product or service in action on your landing page can help do the same.
- Include social sharing icons. If you are offering compelling content on this page, giving your visitors the ability to spread the word about your offer will help drive more traffic to this page. Never underestimate the power of word-of-mouth that can be generated online. In addition to giving your campaign the potential to become viral, social icons can become trust marks that give customers more confidence in your brand.
Successful online marketing campaigns rely heavily on the effectiveness of their landing pages. Improve the design of your landing page and help your customers make a decision that will significantly increase your conversion rates. A good design will engage your visitors and drive them further into the conversion funnel.
To design a landing page that’s effective enough to convert visitors, rely on the experts at Allegra Marketing. Contact your local Allegra Marketing Print Mail location for all your design and web marketing needs.